Start-up company in Hong Kong
Why establish a company in Hong Kong?
Companies in Hong Kong can be established as quickly as in a day you can have the entire set of documents of incorporation of the company and its business licence to operate the business and get the bank account functional.
All major brands of banks of the globe have their presence in Hong Kong and most of them have safe, secure, fast, efficient and mature banking system to cater the needs of different business. The banks use latest technology to provide its customers best solutions to conduct their banking operations both onshore and offshore through the internet banking portals.
- One of the lowest and simplest tax regimes of the world, the profits tax now being 16.5% of net profits of the business. The tax structure does not have capital gains tax, dividend tax, sales tax, GST, tax on dividends, turnover tax or tax on individual estates.
- Hong Kong has unique system of charging taxes only on income generated from the territory of Hong Kong; it allows the person to trade with Hong Kong without being taxed here. This arrangement has its methodology which must be approved by the tax department on the presentation of accounts and various other information to their satisfaction
Geographically located close to cities like Shenzhen and Guangzhou and having connectivity to all major cities in China Hong Kong poses the advantage of doing business with China through its sophisticated ports having connectivity to the all major ports of the world. It is providing a safe and smarter route into China as English is widely used and understood here and therefore provides best opportunities for foreigners.
Hong Kong has efficient corporate laws in place and is updated to meet the current economic and technological progression and have a fairly fast and independent judiciary to meet the business needs of all sectors. The territory holds high standards of fair law enforcement and practice.
Links Related Business Services
Banking And financial
Process of company incorporation
Basic Package ($)
- Simple incorporation with all corporate registration documents, chops and seals.
Advanced Package ($$)
- Simple incorporation with registered address and secretarial service facility.
Deluxe Package ($$$)
- Simple incorporation with registered address and secretarial accounting, tax, and audit services engagement.
Incorporate a company (fresh incorporation)
We can provide the services of company incorporation in Hong Kong that allows you to have -
- Name of the company of your choice (Name search generally conducted during a day)
- Registered capital of the company of your choice (normally HKD 10,000)
- Details of the subscribers to the Articles of Association and other incorporation documents to be of those persons you provide for the purpose of incorporation.
- Registered address of the company to be of your own choice within the territory of the HKSAR
After considering the name availability of the company we shall organize the necessary documents for your signing and begin the process of incorporation of the company.
Ready – made company (Pick up company available on shelf)
We also provide a list of shelf companies for your selection. It contains the following –
- Pre-assigned name of the company (This can be changed or altered subject to availability)
- Pre-assigned authorized capital of the company, generally HK $ 10,000 divided into 10,000 shares of HK $1 each with issued share capital of HK $1 (This can be changed or altered)
- Existing subscribers to the Articles of Association of the company and appointed officers of the company (They shall be replaced)
- Existing registered address of the company (This shall be changed or altered)
- Certificate that the Company has not commenced business, signed contract and/or does not carry any assets or liabilities as on the date of the transfer.
General requirements of company incorporation in Hong Kong
|Minimum number of shareholders||1|
|Minimum number of directors||1|
|Requirements of company secretary||Yes|
|Corporate shareholding permitted in addition to at least 1 individual||Yes|
|Corporate director permitted in addition to at least 1 individual||Yes|
|Corporate secretary permitted must be resident in Hong Kong if the common shareholder and director is of overseas locations||Yes|
|Standard Authorised Share Capital of the company (divided into 10,000 shares of HK $ 1 each)||HK $ 10,000|
Local requirement being person having domicile address within the territory of the HKSAR
|Local secretary||Yes (Minimum requirement of one officer of the company director or secretary shall be local)|
|Registered office / Registered agent||Yes|
Annual compliance requirements
(Details of directors and shareholders of the company as on the anniversary date and other details of the company normally filed in a prescribed form of the Company Registry)
Annual renewal of the Business Licence
(Business Registration Certificate)
(Annual filing of the salaries and wages paid to the employees of the company)
(Subject to company having business transactions during the period / year under audit)
Information and documents required
|Individual Shareholder/Director/Secretary of the company||Identity document like copy of the Passport / Hong Kong Identity Card of each individual|
|Individual Shareholder/Director/Secretary of the company||Residential address with proof valid in the past 3 months of use in the name of the individual (Utility bill like electricity, telephone, mobile, Bank statements, government notifications) of each individual|
|Corporate Shareholder/Director/Secretary of the company||
|If more than one shareholder||Details of shareholding of each person by either the number of shares or percentage of the issued capital of the company|
|If more than one director||Details as in above for each individual person or corporate|
|Registered office address of the company||Within the territory of the HKSAR, post box address is not permitted.|
|Corporate secretary of the company||Normally having domicile within the territory of the HKSAR|
|Signing of the relevant Forms and other documents||By the person whose name is indicated or authorized representative in case of corporate Shareholder/Director/Secretary of the company|
Individual Shareholder/Director/Secretary of the company
Identity document like copy of the Passport / Hong Kong Identity Card of each individual
Individual Shareholder/Director/Secretary of the company
Residential address with proof valid in the past 3 months of use in the name of the individual (Utility bill like electricity, telephone, mobile, Bank statements, government notifications) of each individual
Corporate Shareholder/Director/Secretary of the company
(All the above required for each corporate shareholder/director)
If more than one shareholder
Details of shareholding of each person by either the number of shares or percentage of the issued capital of the company
If more than one director
Details as in above for each individual person or corporate
Registered office address of the company
Within the territory of the HKSAR, post box address is not permitted.
Corporate secretary of the company
Normally having domicile within the territory of the HKSAR
Signing of the relevant Forms and other documents
By the person whose name is indicated or authorized representative in case of corporate Shareholder/Director/Secretary of the company
Two types of companies with limited liability structures
- Local company; limited by shares
- Local company; limited by guarantee
- Company limited by guarantee with charitable status
- Permits and license
- Non-Hong Kong company (s) doing business locally - local registration requirements